Recommended Meal Plan for Vegetarian
· Minimum intake of sweets and fatty foods to a minimum as these foods are low in nutrients and high in calories.
· Choose whole or unrefined grain products when possible, or use fortified or enriched cereal products.
· Variety intake of fruits and vegetables, including foods that are good sources of vitamins A and C.
· If you use milk or dairy products, choose fat-free/nonfat and low-fat varieties.
· Eggs are high in cholesterol (213 mg per yolk), so monitor your use of them. Limit your cholesterol intake to no more than 300 mg per day.
Note : A vegetarian diet can be unhealthy if it contains too many calories and not enough important nutrients. Ensuring adequate amounts of essential nutrients in vegetarian diet is vital in the case of diabetes.